Cobian Backup 18.104.22.1682
“Multi-threaded freeware backup utility”
A review of by Fernando Ortega
Cobian Backup is a feature-rich backup and recovery program that backs up your important data. One thing that makes this software different from other backup programs created for the same purpose is the fact that it uses scheduled tasks in order to create data backups.
With an increasing need for data security, a lot of applications have been developed for this purpose, though with a high price tag. Cobian Backup comes as a free program that offers an easy way of creating data backups.
Cobian Backup allows you to create tasks for specific backup actions. You can schedule them afterward to run at specific moments of time. The destination for the backup copy can be another location on your hard drive, a network computer, or even an FTP server.
Additionally, Cobian Backup also includes tools, such as decrypter, deleter, encoder, decompressor, translator and remote manager. Moreover, it requires just few system resources in order to work properly.
Overall, Cobian Backup is a free and useful utility for scheduling and perform system backups and recovery.
Cobian Backup can backup to FTP, protect from data loss and perform backup operations.
Cobian Backup features and highlights:
- AES encryption (128, 192 and 256 bits)
- The directories Settings, Logs and DB can now be configured manually
- A task has now the Priority field
- A new scheduled type is added: On startup
- A new scheduled type was added: On first Monday, On third Tuesday, etc…
- Can limit the number of Differential backups as well
- Can select a fixed day of the week to make an incremental or differential backup Full
- Can now automatically delete old files
- Suspend and Hibernate are now Events
- Sources and Destinations can now be sorted “As Explorer”
- Delete empty directories is now a Task property
- A lot of parameters can be used
- The task list can be divided and organized in groups
- Inclusions and Exclusions can be arranged
- The Deleter can delete multiple sources
- The Safe Mirror directory keeps the original directory structure
- You can link tasks as an event
Cobian Backup is licensed as Freeware for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / without restrictions. Cobian Backup 22.214.171.1242 is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
This file backup software is filed under:
- Cobian Backup Download
- Freeware Backup Software
- Software Reviews
- Major release: Cobian Backup 11.2
Compatibility with this file backup software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version of Cobian Backup may be available from CobianSoft.We have tested Cobian Backup 126.96.36.1992 against malware with several different programs. We certify that this program is clean of viruses, malware and trojans. [Read more]
Screenshots of Cobian Backup (6)Free
DatabaseBackup MySQL databases and save them to cloud storage servicesFree
BackupBackup fast, Restore easy, Files secure, with the new Comodo Backup!Free
BackupThis software is designed to backup files automaticallyFree
PhoneBackup iPhone or other iOS product including contacts and contentFree
BackupSoftware that can backup, synchronize and restore data which supports archiving and FTP servers